Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Have Seen The Signs...Now What?

<>All of my life I have been that person who looks for "signs". Everything and anything I do,I am looking for a "sign" to help me make the right decision. I often find myself looking for "signs" of hope. I look for "signs" that things are going to be okay. It is not always easy to see the signs. Sometimes I am sure that God wants to hit me up side the head with a billboard because I keep walking around,over and through the sign He has given me.Sometimes these "signs" are not a literal word, although they can be. Sometimes the "signs" come in the form of a thought that just pops into my head; a repeated sighting of an object (like an owl, another blog for another day) a converstation a friend or stranger initiates with me; a book or song title; a word in a song that I have listened to a million times but never really HEARD and of course "signs" come to me in dreams-some while I sleep and dreams while I am wide awake. Well, over the recent days I have seen "signs", all of these "signs" revolve around one situation in my life. The "signs" came through 2 people in my life. One who has been there for many years and one who has been in my life less than a year.  Both "signs" were provided in the mist of good times and laughter, thats the best kind.These "signs" were oh so very clear. I have seen the "signs", that is the easy part this time  I guess. The hardest part sometimes is knowing what to do with them.    
 
I used to wait for a sign, she said, before I did anything. Then one night I had a dream & an angel in black tights came to me & said, you can start any time now, & then I asked is this a sign? & the angel started laughing & I woke up. Now, I think the whole world is filled with signs, but if there's no laughter, I know they're not for me.
Brian Andreas

No comments:

Post a Comment