Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Women No Longer In Search Of Her Word

I was recently home alone(which is very rare) and decided to rent a movie.
I watched the movie Eat Pray Love. I thought it was a great movie. I have heard mixed reviews but for me, it was great. As a 41 yo female I found myself relating to Liz Gilbert in some ways. The details of our lives are different but the same. Throughout the movie I kept saying "I know how you feel" or "I have felt that exact same way."
Like other things happening around me right now(one of my sisters is a 3yr cancer survivor, my brother has been fighting colon/liver cancer since Oct 2009, my children are growing up so fast and will be out of the house before I know it) it  made me reexamine my life. I recenlty rewrote my Bucket List and started running again 5 wks ago and have already completed two 5k's. There are just so many things that I want to do,some are problably within reach, while others are not, but this movie makes you think. What is my purpose? What am I living for? Who am I living for(Other than God)? What is MY word?(you must watch the movie to understand this)
Liz was referred by her friend as a "women in search of her word". Your WORD isnt what you do or who you are..its YOUR word. I am a daughter, sister, Christian, aunt, cousin, friend, wife, mother, Speech Pathologist, Realtor and Photographer. These things describe who I am  and what I do, but not MY word.
I had been discussing this movie with a dear friend of mine. She is much younger than I but a very deep and mature thinker. We both loved the movie although at such different ages we saw things a little different. The differences in our views I believe is due to the experiences that come with age. Funny thing is, she was with me when my WORD found me. We entered a store that had a 100 or more signs on the wall and the only thing I saw was JOURNEY. JOURNEY! Thats it! With my recent "angels" pushing me out of my comfort zone and the revised Bucket List I have made it all made sense. My word is JOURNEY. I am no longer a women in search of her word. Now the question is...what am I going to do with  my word?
How am I going to live my word?
What is your WORD?

Let me close by saying that I have never ever blogged before this very moment. I have actually been debating posting this for a couple of days. I am not even sure who I think will ever read this, but that is not the point. I am doing alot of things out of my comfort zone at this point in my life and I have angels to thank for that.

"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life. "
Brian Andreas

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AND YOU EVEN MORE!!! You're awesome and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your journey- I am already amazed and so thankful for all he has already done and is doing-, what He is going to teach you through it and how you live it. I love you (:

    ReplyDelete